Monday, March 18, 2013

Choosing Your Response: A Thought Catalogue


Ever feel like the whole world is conspiring against you?  Yeah, me too.  It’s totally nutso but every so often there are those moments where it’s like “Really?”, “Is this REALLY my life?”,  “There’s no way this shit just happens, there must be some bigger plot.”

Deep breaths.

More deep breaths.

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! 

DEEP BREATHS.  In….and out….

Only you can choose your happiness.  Shit happens… and happens… and happens.  But you have to continue to stand up and say, I will chose the positive response.  I will learn from this experience and move forward stronger and smarter.

F**** my life!

DEEP BREATHS.  In…and out…

Yes, there are setbacks.  Doubts.  Despair even. 

You can’t choose what happens to you but you can choose how you react.  So if you encounter catastrophe or even a minor setback- financially, spiritually, emotionally, etc- I encourage you to step back, breathe, and rebuild from a place of greater and wiser power.

1 comment:

  1. It's true, shit happens to everyone, but it's how you deal with it that matters. I like the saying that god doesn't give you more than you can handle. Though sometimes it sure feels like it's more than you can handle.

    ReplyDelete