Tuesday, February 26, 2013

NYC FREE FIND: The Times Square Visitors Center Wishing Wall



I don’t know about you, but around this time of year I start losing sight of the many resolutions I made at New Years.  The reality and routine of life combined with the endlessness of winter dull my motivation to do just about anything other than sit in front of the television and watch marathons of “Downton Abbey” and “Girls”.


But last week I discovered a little New York gem that renewed my spirit.  In the heart of Times Square I came upon a Wishing Wall.  Tiny squares of colorful paper with the wishes of people from all over the world tacked up to be shared.  After reading thru many lotto winner hopefuls and love seekers I wanted to add my own dreams to the bunch.  I grabbed a slip of pink paper and wrote in big, bold letters my biggest, boldest dreams.  I put them in a box with the other wishes of the day to be added to the wall and eventually released over Times Square in the celebratory moment that is midnight of the New Year.  That’s what becomes of the wishing wall.  At the end of each year, all the wishes are collected to be released as the confetti over Times Square that signal the start of a New Year and a new wish.


Something about adding my wish to the collective and having it be a part of that moment really resonated with me and renewed my sense of commitment to my resolutions.  Anything that can reconnect you with your goals is a powerful tool and one that we all need to check in with from time to time.  Luckily, I’ve found mine and thankfully, there’s no limit to the wishes you can make.  I expect I’ll be back at the wishing wall again soon, sharing my dreams and reaffirming the commitments I’ve made to myself.

Happy Dreaming.



The Times Square Visitors Center is  located at 1560 Broadway New York, NY 10036
Open 7 days a week. 8am-8pm


No comments:

Post a Comment